- Published on Friday, August 03 2012 10:38 PM
Written by Neil Sawford
Posted by Mark Ruda
Missouri Sales Tax Holiday - Great For Back To School Savings!
It's August and it's time to shop for back to school again, and if you shop this weekend in Missouri, you'll be able to save even more money! The Missouri Sales Tax Holiday is taking place today, August 2nd through Sunday, August 4th. During this sales tax holiday the state of Missouri won't be collecting it's usual 4.225% tax on several categories of school related items. If that's not enough to tempt you, many Branson shops and stores are running additional sales on top of the tax discount. Here are some more details to see why it makes sense to start your shopping trip in Branson!
During the Missouri Sales Tax holiday in Branson, the following types of items are offered without having to pay state sales tax.
- Clothing - Visit your favorite clothing outlet store in Branson and save on clothing. Any clothing less than $100 can be purchased tax free.
- School Supplies - Stocking up on crayons, glue, paper, notebooks, or more? Up to $50 per purchase will be tax free this weekend.
- Computers and computer software - In 2012 almost every college bound student will want their own personal laptop or desktop computer, and the software to go with it. The 2012 Missouri Sales Tax Holiday allows up to $350 in software, computer peripherals up to $3,500, and a computer up to $3,500 to be purchased without paying the usual sales tax.
- For more details on what is, and isn't included in the MO Sales Tax Holiday, visit the Missouri Department of Revenue website
Of course, in Branson we always take things to the next level as well. A number of our shops and shopping centers are having expanded hours and additional sales & promotions to coincide with this year's sales tax holiday.
- Tanger Outlets - Tanger outlets are having expanded business hours for the weekend- 8 am to 10 pm Friday & Saturday, and 9 am to 7 pm on Sunday. Many of the shops involved will also be running sales to increase your back to school savings in Branson.
- The Branson Landing will be open Friday & Saturday from 10 am to 10 pm, and Sunday 11 am to 8 pm
- Shoppes at Branson Meadows from 10 am to 7 pm Friday & Saturday, 10 am to 6 pm on Sunday.
- Many other stand alone businesses and malls in Branson will be holding special events and promotions for this year's Sales Tax Holiday.
In Branson, Missouri shopping has long been the recreational sport of choice for many - with a number of outlet malls, high end retail, one of a kind boutiques and more there has always been something for every taste and every budget. With the addition of the Missouri Sales Tax Holiday August 3-5th, 2012 - The sport of shopping in Branson will become even more lucrative!The Branson MO Blog