Many people have been through Branson and seen its flashing lights and the big names that line the streets. One set of lights on Highway 76 that fewer people have seen or know about is God and Country Theatre.
God and Country Theatre has two theatres inside their building. Each one features a different show at different times, and there is something for everyone at God and Country Theatre.
• Magnificent Seven – this show, starring Joe and Tamra Tinoco, brings four decades of music to Branson audiences. Song, dance, drama, and comedy come together to make this show a favorite at God and Country Theatres. The Magnificent Seven performs on Sundays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays at 7 p.m.
• A Heapin’ Spoonful – starring BMI recording artists and songwriters Ron and Kay Rivoli of “The Rivoli Revue”, this comedic show will have you in tears from laughter as you hear songs like “When I Die Bury Me At Wal-Mart” and “Press One for English.” Performances on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays at 7:30 p.m.
• Always, Patsy Cline – Heather Gentry portrays the country music queen in this acclaimed country musical production. It follows the friendship between Patsy and longtime fan, Louise Seger (portrayed by Angela Walker). These two talented women take the stage on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays at 2 p.m.
• Thank You For The Music – A Modern Tribute to ABBA – This exciting tribute show to the Swedish pop group features ABBA’s best hits, like Dancing Queen, Mamma Mia, Waterloo, and Take a Chance on Me. Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays at 2 p.m. are the days to see Thank You For The Music on stage at God and Country Theatres.
• Rock, Roll, and Reminisce – this show takes you on a journey through the 1950s era of music with Shane Vorhaben, Dave Sanders, Marvelous Marvin Short, and Heather Gentry. They take the stage on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays at 2 p.m.
• Conway Remembered – Mike Walker performs part of Conway Twitty’s 35 year career as passionately as Conway did. Take this journey with Mike every Friday at 8 p.m.
• Angels of Country Music – join Teresa, Diana, and Katie Lynn as they perform songs from some of country music’s best female artists. Loretta Lynn, Tammy Wynette, Reba McEntire, Dolly Parton, Brenda Lee, and others are just a few of the names whose songs grace the stage at God and Country Theatres. Performances are Tuesday and Thursday nights at 7:30 p.m.
In addition to all of these shows, God and Country Theatres also offers a Cowboy Church on Sunday mornings. Norma Jean officiates on Sundays at 10:30 a.m. in God and Country Theatres and is excited to have you as her guests. She is hoping to expand her Cowboy Church to include two Sunday services to accommodate all of the people that have started coming. If you’re in Branson and looking for a unique worship service, join Norma Jean at God and Country Theatres.
Before you write off God and Country Theatres as just another theatre lining the Branson strip, check out some of the unique show options that lie inside. Whether you’re a country music fanatic or love the classic hits from ABBA, there’s a little something for everyone at God and Country Theatres. Visit godandcountrytheatres.com for more information regarding shows, show times, and ticket reservations.