- Published on Wednesday, August 14 2013 8:01 PM
Written by Jessica Covert
Posted by Mark Ruda
5 Great Branson Family Shows
When you bring your family on vacation, it can sometimes be a chore trying to find things to do that everyone can enjoy. In Branson, you can ease those headaches just by coming to town.
Dubbed the “Live Music Capital of the World”, Branson is home to dozens of shows and attractions. The best part is that many of them are family friendly, and have a little something for everyone. Here’s a roundup of five of the best family shows Branson has to offer.
1. The Haygoods – This group of five brothers and one sister rocks the house when they perform. In their 21st season, the Haygoods impress audiences with their tight harmonies and their amazing instrumental abilities. Between them, the Haygoods play 20 instruments and all of those instruments appear on stage each night. What’s even more impressive is how well they work together as a team to create each of their performances. Their musical talent allows them to perform songs new and old, so everyone in your family has something to enjoy. The Haygoods perform from February to December. For more information about the Haygoods schedule, ticket pricing, and more, visit www.thehaygoods.com.
2. SIX – Another stage family in Branson is the Knudsen brothers, who make up the six incredible voices of SIX. Dubbed “An Orchestra of Human Voices”, you’ll be amazed at everything that the brothers don’t have onstage – like instruments. These acapella singers have practiced their sounds for many years, and they have come to Branson to share them with you. SIX is in their seventh year in Branson, and have performed on Royal Caribbean cruise lines, and appeared as kids on the Donny and Marie Show in 1978. With songs from Journey, Psy, and many others, SIX has a song for every member of your family. SIX performs in the Mickey Gilley Theatre and has shows from March to December. For more information about tickets and the most current schedule, visit www.thesixshow.com.
3. Dolly Parton’s Dixie Stampede – This show has been in Branson for many years, and hasn’t stopped captivating audiences with stunts and good fun. With a little North and South competition, everyone loves to watch the racing pigs and ostriches, along with the stunts on horseback. Guests to Dixie Stampede get to experience a delicious four-course feast while enjoying the show, and get to see the pre-show before the main event. The Carriage Room pre-show features side-splitting comedy, plus refreshments like popcorn, peanuts, Pepsi® products, and non-alcoholic fruit beverages in a souvenir boot mug. Dixie Stampede also offers vegetarian meals, and is completely accessible to those with special needs. For more information, visit www.dixiestampede.com.
4. The Acrobats of China – A detour from the music and variety shows, the Acrobats of China are a show not to miss. You and your family will watch with amazement as the 16 person cast performs feats of endurance, strength, flexibility, and balance. The members of the New Shanghai Circus bring over 2000 years of Chinese history to Branson with their unbelievable show. The group first started performing in Branson in 1998, and even performed on Broadway in 1999. For more information about the Acrobats of China, visit www.acrobatsofchina.com.
5. Amazing Pets – As one of the shows performing at the Grand Country Music Hall located on Highway 76, Amazing Pets features some favorite furry friends, as well as some feathered ones. Most of the animals in the show were rescued from animal shelters and other locations. The animals have been trained to do a number of tricks, and have become the hilarious stars of their own show. They will put a smile on your face as they do what they do best. For more information about tickets, call 1-888-514-1088 or visit www.grandcountry.com.
Sometimes it can be hard to make everyone in your family happy. In Branson, you don’t have to try as hard because these Branson shows make it easy for you to find something that your entire family will enjoy. Whether it’s Dixie Stampede or the Acrobats of China, everyone will have a good time in Branson.